The long wait is over! Our largest project in over a decade, The Shadowcatchers, was released on May 31, and launched at the Australian Film, Television and Radio School. The Shadowcatchers is a 288-page large format book, and ARMEDIA designed, produced and managed the publication on behalf of the Australian Cinematography Society.
Written by Martha Ansara, It’s a stylish and beautifully produced 288-page coffee table book (340 x 245 mm) and contains over 380 photographs of working cinematographers taken on film sets from 1901 to the present, along with a ground-breaking historical text, biographies of significant Australian cinematographers, and fascinating personal anecdotes from some of the great characters of the film and television industry.
Aside from the brilliant design and publications management, ARMEDIA also provided support publications services, including:
- Design and build of the The Shadowcatchers website;
- Creation of the Wikipedia pages for the book, and the author, Martha Ansara;
- Creation of the social media strategy for Facebook and Twitter;
- Creation of a forms website for accepting bookings and post-publication delivery of copies to all contributors;
- Print management and prepress optimisation (in consultation with our partners, Spitting Image).
The Shadowcatchers is a remarkable achievement, and we congratulate Martha Ansara and the Australian Cinematography Society on the launch of their long-awaited book. ARMEDIA was proud to be associated with the book, and believe that it’s one of our best-ever publications! But don’t take our word for it – check out www.shadowcatchers.com.au where you can look at the sample pages, and purchase the book as well.
The Shadowcatchers is a major achievement in Australian cinematography history. Call ARMEDIA to discover how we can make your next book project as outstanding as The Shadowcatchers.